Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Schumacher's doctor was seen at Valencia today, casting fresh doubt over his fitness

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Michael Schumacher's doctor was seen at Valencia today, casting fresh doubt over his fitness Empty Michael Schumacher's doctor was seen at Valencia today, casting fresh doubt over his fitness

Post by Ross 3rd February 2010, 14:54

Fresh concerns over Schumacher's neck injury

Michael Schumacher's doctor was seen at Valencia today, casting fresh doubt over his fitness 56437_2

There are fresh concerns over the state of Michael Schumacher's neck after his personal doctor was seen in the Valencia paddock on Monday.

Schumacher returned to F1 action at the Spanish circuit on the opening day of winter testing. And although the seven-time World Champ completed 40 laps on Monday afternoon, there are still concerns about the neck injury that prevented him from racing for Ferrari last year.

And seeing Schumacher's personal doctor, Johannes Peil, didn't do much to inspire confidence. Neither did his response when asked if Schumacher's neck would be hold up under the challenge of competing in this year's grands prix.

"We will have to wait," Peil told Sportsmail.

Schumacher, though, was a lot more confident about his fitness, saying his P3 is proof that he still has what it takes.

"I feel very good," he said. "I have worked very well, prepared myself extremely precisely, and today is the result."

Source: planetf1.com
    Image source: itv.com/f1

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 03:55