Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Turkington's BTCC future has been put in doubt as RAC scale back its involvement

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Colin Turkington's BTCC future has been put in doubt as RAC scale back its involvement Empty Colin Turkington's BTCC future has been put in doubt as RAC scale back its involvement

Post by Ross 24th January 2010, 02:57

BTCC champ Turkington's future in doubt

Colin Turkington's BTCC future has been put in doubt as RAC scale back its involvement Colin%20Turkington%20May%2031

Reigning champion Colin Turkington's future in the British Touring Car Championship is in doubt due to RAC's decision to scale back its support for the WSR BMW squad that took the Northern Irishman to the title.

Turkington, 27, has spent all but one of his eight BTCC seasons with Dick Bennetts' squad, but said that with the team still chasing a title sponsor for 2010, he may have to look elsewhere.

"I'm not really sure what I'll be doing this year," he told this week's AUTOSPORT magazine. "With WSR not having RAC as title sponsor, there's a budget shortfall and understandably they can't progress until that gap is filled.

"I'm just having to keep my options open. I'm looking at BTCC, WTCC and the European Touring Car Cup, as are the team, but for me I'm not prioritising one championship over another.

"I'd love to stay with WSR, but I know there are guys out there with money who might be hard to turn down."

AUTOSPORT understands that Turkington has received offers from WTCC independent frontrunners Wiechers-Sport and Proteam. While he would not confirm this, he did say: "I have some interesting offers on the table, but I have to think long and hard about my next move, because it will be a very important one for my career."

Source: autosport.com
    Image source: mirror.co.uk

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 07:56