Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Big Picture - December 10th 2009

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

The Big Picture - December 10th 2009 Empty The Big Picture - December 10th 2009

Post by Ross 22nd April 2009, 16:21

Every week we scour the internet to find the picture that we think best sums up the week's motorsport, and news stories provided enough of a spectacle this week...

Bridging the Gap

The Big Picture - December 10th 2009 2mxg8kn

When I took this photo back in June, I was leaving Silverstone circuit via the bridge that gives this famous high-speed corner its name, for what I thought would be the last time on a Grand Prix weekend. It was all set: Donington has begun construction work on its major revamp, and the track that hosted the first F1 World Championship race was no longer a Formula One venue. But, alas, how things have changed. There's a much brighter future ahead for Silverstone now, and even though the image is still a goodbye to Bridge corner (and a hello to a new infield section), the Northamptonshire circuit has seen few better times.

To suggest a picture you feel is worthy of recognition in The Big Picture, simply PM me or email ross@turntwo.co.uk with a link to the picture and its original source!

Current date/time is 1st May 2024, 23:03