Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Morrison will join Tom Chilton at Arena for BTCC 2009, in a last minute announcement

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Alan Morrison will join Tom Chilton at Arena for BTCC 2009, in a last minute announcement Empty Alan Morrison will join Tom Chilton at Arena for BTCC 2009, in a last minute announcement

Post by Ross 2nd April 2009, 10:42

Morrison takes second Arena seat

Alan Morrison will join Tom Chilton at Arena for BTCC 2009, in a last minute announcement Lg_4355_9bb5

Alan Morrison will return to the British Touring Car Championship this season after signing a late deal to race Arena Motorsport's second Ford Focus ST alongside Tom Chilton.

Morrison, 38, will have his first outing in the Focus at the opening round of the season at Brands Hatch this weekend, and is delighted to be re-joining Mike Earle's squad, having raced for Arena when it ran the factory Honda team in 2002 and 2003.

"My deal has come together very late, but I'm really looking forward to racing with Mike and the team again," said Morrison.

"This weekend at Brands will be quite an adventure. I've not driven anything for five years and haven't had a chance to try the Focus yet so this first event is really going to be a test session for me. I know the team will do a fantastic job and make the challenge enjoyable."

Earle, who saw Morrison take a race win for his team at Donington Park in 2002, is not expecting miracles this weekend, but believes his new driver will be a frontrunner before too long.

"It has taken Alan a while to get his deal sorted and that's not surprising in these hard economic times, but I'm delighted he's done it and very happy to have him back," he said.

"He hasn't had any preparation and it will be tough for him to start with, but he will get there."

Source: autosport.com

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 00:10