Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McLaren's Jenson Button believes Ferrari have the upper-hand after the first dry day at Jerez

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

McLaren's Jenson Button believes Ferrari have the upper-hand after the first dry day at Jerez Empty McLaren's Jenson Button believes Ferrari have the upper-hand after the first dry day at Jerez

Post by Ross 19th February 2010, 12:44

Button reckons Ferrari the team to beat

McLaren's Jenson Button believes Ferrari have the upper-hand after the first dry day at Jerez 56618_2

World Champion Jenson Button believes that Ferrari is in best shape to grab most points from the start of the season, judging by performances in Jerez testing this week. The Englishman also explained that he has been surveying his rivals' cars when following closely in testing.

With Button making the switch from Brawn (now Mercedes) to McLaren, the Frome man admits that it is the red cars which appear to be on top. "I think the Ferrari is very strong," the 30-year-old told reports in Jerez.

"If you look at their runs today, they're very consistent and I think they have better consistency than anyone else at the moment."

Having taken over at the wheel of McLaren's MP4-25 on Friday from team-mate Lewis Hamilton, Jenson reported his on-track findings. "It's always interesting to observe what they're up to," the current title holder continued. "I think our pace is good but there's still areas we need to work on for me to be happy with the car.

"I followed a few drivers today - Fernando (Alonso, Ferrari), Michael (Schumacher, Mercedes); it's always interesting to see what's happening - the Mercedes seems like it's a little bit twitchy at the rear and locking the rears under braking, but if they're on 150 kilos (of fuel) it's understandable. The Ferrari looks good on the circuit, good consistency.

"Over one lap, our car is getting there; we're improving step-by-step and on the long runs we're improving with every one we do. There's so much information we've got from today - more than any other test day so far, for me anyway; we're going to go through all of that this evening and hopefully have another good day tomorrow."

Source: gpupdate.net
    Image source: itv.com/f1

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 22:39