Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adrian Valles has been linked with American team USF1 to partner Lopez this season

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Adrian Valles has been linked with American team USF1 to partner Lopez this season Empty Adrian Valles has been linked with American team USF1 to partner Lopez this season

Post by Ross 5th February 2010, 11:13

Valles leading contender for USF1 seat
    Adrian Valles has been linked with American team USF1 to partner Lopez this season Valles-portrait-s

Superleague series champion Adrian Valles has emerged as the leading candidate to secure the second racing seat at the US F1 team, according to Spanish media.

The 23-year-old from Alicante took the Superleague Formula title with Liverpool last year, and Spanish press reports he is on the verge of securing a deal with US F1 to become the fourth Spaniard on the grid in the 2010 season.

"I'm sorry, I can't talk. I just hope things don't go wrong," Valles was quoted as saying by local media.

The Spaniard came close to making his grand prix debut in 2007, when he was a test driver for the Spyker team. He was one of the candidates to replace Christijan Albers after he parted ways with the squad.

US F1's sporting director Peter Windsor, whose team has signed Argentinean Jose Maria Lopez already, said earlier this week the American outfit was hoping to announce its full line-up next week.

"We hope to be able to confirm our second driver in the next week," he said.

Source: autosport.com
    Image source: automobilsport.com

Current date/time is 14th May 2024, 15:47