Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Mr E's wise on the head!

Conman
    Conman

Number of posts : 11
    Favourite motorsport : F1, BTCC

Male

Mr E's wise on the head! Empty Mr E's wise on the head!

Post by Conman 15th January 2010, 14:21

MADONNA DI CAMPIGLIO, Italy - Bernie Ecclestone wants to introduce "shortcuts" on race tracks to boost entertainment and allow the top drivers to do more overtaking, the Formula One supremo said on Wednesday.

The idea, which has yet to garner support from teams, would be another radical change to the sport with nothing similar ever having been adopted.

"I've tried to push the teams with a number of proposals. Imagine a shortcut which a driver can use five times every race. It would stop people getting stuck behind others. It would be good for TV," the 79-year-old told reporters at Ferrari's pre-season ski retreat.

Is F1 becoming more and more of a game for Bernie now? I mean seriously? Shortcuts? These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world, and we're talking about shortcuts...

Personally, I say put in an A1GP/Champ Car push-to-pass system. It's like KERS, except more fair tongue Instead of allowing the use of them every lap, limit them to say 10 a race. Then it brings in a whole new tactical side to the racing, and stops a Spa/Monza where faster cars can't pass Ferraris!

Thoughts?
    Mike
    Mike
    Site Development Manager

Number of posts : 302

Male

Mr E's wise on the head! Empty Re: Mr E's wise on the head!

Post by Mike 15th January 2010, 14:34

Its a shocking Idea.

However I believe the indy car league had a rule at a street track where they had a white line down the middle of breaking zones. Once you committed to one side of the line you couldn't change it.

Apparently it worked.
    Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Post by Ross 15th January 2010, 18:00

This bloke, seriously, is an idiot. Ugh he makes me too angry to post LOL

Shortcuts? Seriously? Why not stop worrying about money so much and just design the cars FOR overtaking, not speed and crap.

Loser.
    in.s@ne

Number of posts : 159
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1

Male

Post by in.s@ne 17th January 2010, 16:40

I can see why he would want it - it would introduce more overtaking, but it's not the overtaking fans want to see.
    I want to see the late braking, the hanging-out-to-dry and more of the switchback. I do not want to see someone getting in front because they had a shorter track
    Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Post by Ross 17th January 2010, 17:39

Yeah exactly. Great, the race result sheet is very different to the qualifying sheet, excellent, just what I always wanted. But only if it changes in an exciting way.
    Mike
    Mike
    Site Development Manager

Number of posts : 302

Male

Post by Mike 18th January 2010, 02:49

It would be interesting but rather stupid.

Better Tracks, even Less equal cars would help.

The thing that made good racing was the fact at on track a car/set of tires would be better on Track X yet the other Car/Tires would be better on track Y

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 9th May 2024, 04:31