Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

Leks
    Leks

Number of posts : 96
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, Le Mans Series, GT

Male

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders Empty Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

Post by Leks 25th November 2008, 10:08

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders
    Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders 46487
    Rubens Barrichello has admitted the Ferrari team gave him clear team orders in his years at Ferrari. The Brazilian was Ferrari's second driver and was even threatened to get fired if he wouldn't move over for team mate Schumacher.

Speaking with Brazilian TV show Fantastico Barrichello said: "At the Austrian Grand Prix (2002) I was told over the radio 'Do you know that Michael is behind you? It is important for the championship'. The intensity of my conversation with the team increased with every lap while there were just a few laps to go and then I was told that they would take a closer look at my contract if I wouldn't move over.
    Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders 5718
    "For me it was pretty clear. Take my foot off the pedal or get fired. When I asked Michael (Schumacher) if he knew what was going on he said he had nothing to do with it. But I have documents at home to prove that he was very well aware of everything that took place."

From GPUpdate
    Bee
    Bee

Number of posts : 44
    Favourite motorsport : Either Formula 1, NASCAR or BTCC

Male

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders Empty Re: Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

Post by Bee 25th November 2008, 17:42

Welcome to 2003 Rubens. Smile
    Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders Empty Re: Barrichello admits Ferrari team orders

Post by Ross 10th December 2008, 10:48

That's so interesting, I can't believe Ferrari got away with that. I'd have won the race anyway, I think Rubens is a bit of a pushover.
    in.s@ne

Number of posts : 159
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1

Male

Post by in.s@ne 22nd December 2008, 18:03

I think Ruben's didn't want to get fired more than anything...
    Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

Post by Ross 22nd December 2008, 19:47

Well I stuggle to see him having been fired. Even if the sole reason was because Ferrari had no better options at the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 05:13