Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Determined Pedrosa keen to be back on his Honda for Qatar GP

Mike
    Mike
    Site Development Manager

Number of posts : 302

Male

Determined Pedrosa keen to be back on his Honda for Qatar GP Empty Determined Pedrosa keen to be back on his Honda for Qatar GP

Post by Mike 8th April 2009, 16:49

Battered Pedrosa racing on

Determined Pedrosa keen to be back on his Honda for Qatar GP Dani_Pedrosa+2008
    Battered and Bruised Dani not letting injuries get to him

Dani Pedrosa is keen to get back on his Honda in Qatar this weekend, after a difficult winter which was sidetracked by a testing fall at the same venue in early March. The Spaniard's accident aggravated previous leg injuries sustaining in Germany last year, as well as causing new damage to his shoulder.

Race victory as a target would seem an overoptimistic approach for the start of the new season, as Pedrosa - who made his MotoGP debut three years ago - continues to recover from the accident of 2 March, which resulted in him being taken immediately home to Barcelona, and missing several test sessions since.

"First, I've got to say I'm really happy to be going to Qatar for this race," the Repsol Honda rider commented, who has been replaced during the off-season by test rider Kousuke Akiyoshi. "It's clearly been quite a difficult winter for me, and it's not been the preparation for the season which we would have chosen, but my recovery from the surgery in March has been good - probably a little better than we expected - and that means I have the chance to make the first race, which is great."

Born in the Catalan town of Sabadell 23 and a half years ago, Pedrosa first rode a motorcycle at the age of four when receiving an Italjet 50, complete with side wheels. Having taken two wins per season since 2006, he is very much hoping to recover and add to that tally this year. "Obviously, I haven't been able to do my usual level of physical training while I've been injured," he continued. "We've missed out on some testing time too, so we have some catching up to do. But I know my team hasn't been standing still while I've been away, and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike and riding for the maximum possible result."

GPupdate.net

Current date/time is 11th May 2024, 04:08