Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McLaren suspend sporting director Dave Ryan over Australian Grand Prix controversies

Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

McLaren suspend sporting director Dave Ryan over Australian Grand Prix controversies Empty McLaren suspend sporting director Dave Ryan over Australian Grand Prix controversies

Post by Ross 3rd April 2009, 01:49

McLaren suspend sporting director

McLaren suspend sporting director Dave Ryan over Australian Grand Prix controversies Mclaren-logo1

McLaren has confirmed that sporting director Dave Ryan has been suspended from his position with the team.

Ryan's suspension has come in the wake of Lewis Hamilton's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix following the team providing 'deliberately misleading' information to the race stewards.

Ryan was seen leaving the Sepang paddock during first free practice on Friday morning, prompting suggestions that his future with the team was in doubt.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has now confirmed that Ryan is suspended for his role in the affair.

"In my 20-odd years working for McLaren, I doubt if I've met a more dedicated individual than Davey," said Whitmarsh. "He's been an integral part of McLaren since 1974 and has played a crucial role in the team's many world championship successes since that time.

"However, his role in the events of last Sunday, particularly his dealings with the FIA stewards, has caused serious repercussions for the team, for which we apologise. Therefore, I suspended him this morning and he has accepted this."

Source: autosport.com

Current date/time is 18th May 2024, 17:40