Turn Two Motorsport Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

2009 Predictions

Poll

Who will win the 2009 World Championship?

[ 2 ]
    2009 Predictions Bar_left50%2009 Predictions Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    2009 Predictions Bar_left0%2009 Predictions Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    2009 Predictions Bar_left50%2009 Predictions Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4
    Ross
    Ross
    Director of Operations

Number of posts : 794
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, BTCC, MotoGP

Male

2009 Predictions Empty 2009 Predictions

Post by Ross 3rd January 2009, 16:32

The fairest way to make the annual predictions about who will be competetive and who won't that year is before the car launches and pre-season testing begins! So here we go: who do you think will be competetive in 2009?

I've added a poll but please reply and add your constructors tip and who you think will falter!

Here is my prediction: I think Renault will be back in form after a relatively successful winter testing, and a great end to 2008. My tip for the championship is Fernando Alonso.

This is the man that remains the most successful driver on the grid, and he will be desperate for some success and, with it, revenge on McLaren. And after an incredible season last season, arguably one of his best ever, he is the man to beat, only for his car to have been too uncompetetive for him.

Having said that, no disrespect to Renault, they did a great job last year, and their 2009-spec tests have been very promising.

However, don't expect the likes of BMW, Ferrari, McLaren, even Toro Rosso to be out of the picture, I reckon they will all be up there winning races.

We have also seen Red Bull very competetive, so I would be surprised if they weren't right up there scoring podiums all year too.

Of course Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen and Kubica will all be hungry for some success for different reasons: Hamilton will be on top of the world and will want to defend his championship, Massa will want to go one further after coming so close in 2008, Raikkonen will want to quickly turn the page on the blotch in his copybook and return to form, and Kubica, after being hailed by Autosport as the best driver in the world, will want to prove that his Canadian GP win wasn't just a fluke.

Each of them will, at the same time, have their struggles, however: Unless Kovalainen improves, Hamilton will lack the support he needs on-track, as well as having to cope with the pressure of being the youngest ever champion. Massa and Raikkonen may end up sharing a problem: Ferrari traditionally do not cope well to new rule changes, and these are the biggest ever. And as for Robert Kubica - he has the biggest pressure on his shoulders of any driver, including Vettel.

So, if you thought that 2008 was open, 2009 will be even more unpredictable, and I would be surprised if we didn't see more than the seven winners we had last year.
    in.s@ne

Number of posts : 159
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1

Male

2009 Predictions Empty Re: 2009 Predictions

Post by in.s@ne 3rd January 2009, 22:36

I like to think that Lewis will take it again, just because I said so.

I still think McMerc have (probably) the best car on the grid... (I'm a long-time McLaren fan, so maybe a bit biassed)
    Leks
    Leks

Number of posts : 96
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, Le Mans Series, GT

Male

Post by Leks 6th January 2009, 10:34

Voted Alonso, Best driver on the grid (Vettel not far behind) and he doesnt need an especially awesome car to do so.
    Mike
    Mike
    Site Development Manager

Number of posts : 302

Male

Post by Mike 6th January 2009, 20:33

Has to be one of the BMW's for me.
    Leks
    Leks

Number of posts : 96
    Favourite motorsport : Formula 1, Le Mans Series, GT

Male

Post by Leks 7th January 2009, 15:40

I'd be extremely happy to see Heidfeld win ONE race, He's come 2nd so many times :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 02:23